Sunday 6 October 2013

*REVIEW* NYX Single Shadows (Asphalt, Fahrenheit & Eucalyptus)

Hi!
 
Today I thought I'd do a review of the new NYX shadows I got in a recent haul.
 
I got 3 new colours this time but I also have 3 other shadows which you can see HERE in another review if you're interested.
 
I tried to get colours that I don't normally get and ones that I didn't have dupes of already in my collection..hence why this seems to be a slightly random collection of shades!
I'll have swatches at the end of this post.
 
1) Fahrenheit
 
 
This is one of my favourites.
This is a deep shimmery pink colour that would almost be a wine red if it was a little deeper.
This is quite soft and is pigmented but you have to be a bit careful of fallout.
There is a little shimmer but not a huge amount which makes it a good shade to wear in the crease for an everyday look instead of using neutrals.
I think this is very close to MAC's Expensive Pink colour. I don't have that colour myself but I thought of it immediately when I swatched this and I've seen online several people have been comparing it so I think this is a good dupe for that and a lot cheaper!
 
2) Eucalyptus
 
 
This is an unsual colour...It's almost a grey colour but with some shimmer.
I've found this very useful for blending purposes (for example softening black shades) but not so useful on it's own. It's a little too dirty to use as a highlight for me.
Probably the least useful colour I got however the colour payoff is good.
This seems slightly harder in texture.
 
 
3) Asphalt
 
 
 
This is a really interesting colour and my other favourite.
It's coming across more brown on camera but it's almost orange in person with little specs of gold sparkle in it.
This is a really pretty colour for making blue eyes pop and works well worked in with other bronzes and golds.
Again, the colour payoff is great.
 
 
The top is Eucalyptus, the second down is Asphalt and the bottom is Fahrenheit.
 
Generally I'm really happy with these colours! Eucalyptus is the only colour that maybe isn't so useful to have but it would still work out great for a smokey eye.
I'm really happy again with the quality from NYX and all these shadows are only about £4.50 each which is great.
 
Thanks so much for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment