Saturday 20 April 2013

Hair & Skincare Empties! #2

Hi!
I have another empties post for you today...they are hair and skincare but I do have some actual makeup empties waiting to show you; I just want to finish up a few more makeup products so that I can do a whole post on just makeup empties!

I had a lot of skin/hair products that were nearly finished just hanging around and I decided it was about time I finished them up! I'm one of those people who will stop using a product (or use very little) when its running out, dash out to buy another one at the first chance...use the new product and Then completely forget to finish up the old one completely.

 
1)
So okay technically this is cheating because I have the tiniest smidge of this left in the pot...but I'm going to use it tonight and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to do this post! :P
This is the Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream, which I actually repurchased again today! This is £5.60 and I really liked it. I use this after cleansing my face at night and it is really moisturising. It feels pretty heavy and takes a long while to sink in which makes it feel slightly greasy on the skin but this doesn't matter to me because I'm busy sleeping so its not a problem! :P
I find that when I wake up in the morning my skin looks soft, smooth, clear and moisturised. I must confess I never used a night cream before this one, but I wouldn't want to go back to not having one!
 
2)
This is the Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner.
I already use and love the argan oil from this line and brand (which you can read a review of HERE) and so I decided to try the shampoo and conditioner that went along with it.
They were about £6 each and they did not disappoint! These made my hair feel much softer and added a lot of shine. I also loved the way these smelt, and while I haven't repurchased them again yet I think I will in the future.
 
3)
These go along a similar line...before I tried the Organix shampoo and conditioner I found these online which I decided to give a go. They are from a brand called Hollywood Beauty and are called the Argan Shampoo + Conditioner.
These were around £5 each and what attracted me to them was the fact that they were sulphate free (which I know is good for your hair) and also had argan oil in them. As my hair is fragile and naturally dry I love having hair products with argan oil in them.
I did really like these, despite taking a while to finish them because I got distracted with other shampoos...they definitely made my hair shinier all over.
For some reason due to the packaging I was worried they would smell a bit...olive-y? Like when you get hand creams that have olive extract in them. Maybe that was just me reading the packaging wrong.
Anyway...they don't smell like olive. Thank god. ever since I went on a plane where someone had an olive smelling hand cream I cant stand the smell and this would've seriously put me off. I cant put my finger on the smell of these but its nice whatever it is.
I preferred the Organix shampoo and conditioner duo but I would still buy these if I needed too.

 
 
 
4)
I won't lie...it took me ages to get through this bottle.
This is called the Clean & Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash.
I think Clean & Clear just doesn't agree with my skin too well and it always feels a little bit harsh and acidic. This dried my skin out something awful but it did do the job of exfoliating. I didn't use it that often but my skin was soft after it - albeit dry.
I probably wouldn't buy this again because I've found better products for exfoliating my skin, like the Simple Spotless Skin Deep Clean Cleansing Pads. 
5)
I seem to remember this being free with Glamour magazine a while back.
It is the Balance Me Extra Care Wonder Eye Cream. It claims to soothe, brighten and lift
 and while it did moisturise well for my eye area, that's about all it did. It did feel nice and soothing to put it on but i'm not sure this warrants the £20 price tag for a full size tube.
It was nice but nothing special and to be honest a normal moisturiser under the eye felt exactly the same to me.
6)
I think in all honesty this must be my...tenth packet of these? Since I discovered them I go through them very quickly. They are cheap & cheerful. They are the Boots Essentials Cucumber Cleansing Wipes and they are often on offer at 3 for £3! :)
There are also fragrance free ones available but I love the refreshing cucumber scent of these.
I use these to clean makeup brushes, remove makeup or just give my face a quick cleanse.
I've tried wipes that are much more expensive than this which were rough and scratchy but these are moisturising and cleansing enough for me and I will buy them time and time again.
 
7)
And finally...the Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser.
After trying all of Simple's cleansers I now switch between this one and the Refreshing Face Wash which I also like. They do the same in terms of cleansing but its nice to have little changes every now and then.
I love the pump on this as it means you never use too much. It's very refreshing to put on and it cleanses well without drying out my skin. I think this is around £3/£4.
At the moment I'm using the Simple Refreshing Facial Wash but when that's done I'll switch to this...and then back again. It's nice to have variety.
 
So there you go! :) There are the last hair and skin products I've used up over the past couple of weeks, which is nice as I have some more space on my shelf...for me to buy more things.
 
I hope you enjoyed my empties post! Thank you for reading :)
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment