Wednesday 3 April 2013

*REVIEW* Max Factor Earth Spirits Eyeshows (108 & 128)

Hello! I have a new review for you today - the Max Factor Earth Spirits Eyeshadows.




The colours I have are 108 Inca Bronze on the left and 128 Passionate Plum on the right.

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
I seem to remember these costing around £5 at the time I bought them and after a quick look online they are a similar price now but they seem to be slightly cheaper in some places online. You can get Max Factor in places like Boots and Superdrug and while I'm not 100% sure whether the Earth Spirits line is still there or whether its discontinued it is available online in various places.

TEXTURE:
I've found that the texture of these is slightly dry as they are hard pressed shadows. They seem generally not be that easy to work with and they are just a little too hard and difficult to blend for my liking. It's not a massive point, but it's just I have creamier shadows that I prefer.

PIGMENTATION:
The top swatches are with a base (the NYX Eye shadow Base in White) and the bottom swatches are with no primer or base at all. The left shade is Inca Bronze 108 and the right shade is Passionate Plum 128.

Although I find that these work best with a sticky base (like the NYX one or one of their Jumbo Eye Pencils) the pigmentation still isn't great. Inca Bronze is much better than Passionate Plum, but then that is likely to be the case as those kind of shades are easier to get pigmented than purple colours generally. The Inca Bronze shade has ok pigmentation and its a mid, orange toned gold with lots of shimmer. Passionate Plum is more of a disappointment. As well as being harder in texture it is also less pigmented. It has some sort of pinkish shimmer in it but you can barely see it in a swatch. It feels pretty dry and blends away really easily so this is a swatch with the colour packed on as much as I can get it...

The Inca Bronze shade would maybe be acceptable without a primer if you were in a hurry but the Passionate Plum just doesn't do it for me.

WEARABILITY:
The shade Inca Bronze lasts longer than Passionate Plum and seems to last around the 8 hour mark but Passionate Plum maybe lasts around 6 hours and tends to fade into a sludge-grey colour if you're not careful.

OVERALL:
I don't find myself reaching for these very often really....I'm not too keen on their texture and the pigmentation isn't great. I do quite like Inca Bronze and it is a shade that I'd definitely choose over Passionate Plum but even that I don't reach for a lot. I think Inca Bronze is simply a little too dark for me to use as a natural colour (I'm very pale) so it doesn't get used.

Would I buy again?
While I don't completely regret buying these I probably won't buy them again.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed my review! :)
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment