Monday 18 February 2013

*REVIEW* - NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Milk

First of all before I get started on this review....

**WELCOME TO MY BLOG!**

I started a makeup blog a while back but lost track of it....however I've decided to get back into blogging and this time stick to it!

I thought I'd kick off my blog posts with one of the products I've found myself reaching for so many times now...the NYX jumbo eye pencil. I have 3 colours and will get round to reviewing all of them serpately (as I feel differently about each of them) but will start with the shade Milk!  :)

The brand NYX is pretty hard to get here in the UK...:( but luckily I had a hunt on Ebay and managed to get 3 of them together in a bundle, I remeber paying around £4/5 for them, and after having a hunt online I've found that to be a pretty average price for them.
 
Those of you who have these or have seen them will notice that mine is pretty short...quite a good indication of how much I use it!
Here is a swatch of it applied heavily, then blended out a bit.
 
 
PRICE & AVAILABILITY: As I mentioned earlier, NYX is pretty hard to find in actual shops in the UK, but a quick hunt on Amazon or Ebay means that you can quite easily find NYX, also I've often found little bits in some TK maxx stores occasionally, it's a bit hit and miss and you mainly end up with the NYX palettes but you never know! Your best bet is the internet if you live in the UK. There's not much to complain about in regards to the price to be honest...prices vary slightly but I don't think I've ever seen it go for more than about £5. On the NYX website they retail for $4.50.
 
PIGMENTATION: The pigmentation of this pencil is pretty good, and the colour is quite opaque :) Obvisously if you blend it the colour will appear slightly more sheer but the colour is also buildable.
 
TEXTURE: These pencils are VERY creamy, and so generally need either blending out quite a bit or setting with some powder, or else they would slide all over the place.
 
WEARABLITY: This would not last too well if left on it's own (but then I'd never use a white liner alone on my lids anyway... :/ ) but generally if set with something I'll get about 8 hours before I notice fading.
 
OVERALL: Generally, I use this as a base for highlight colours on my inner corner. I have unfortunate, inherited under eye bags, and along with this comes with a lot of darkness in the inner corner of my eye. Unfortunately a white eyeshadow often just does not highlight it well enough...this is where the pencil comes in! I LOVE using this liner right on the inner corner of my eye near the bridge of my nose and tearduct before putting on a highlight colour there, or just blending it with my finger and leaving it where it is. It makes the shadow I'm putting on top last longer and look far more opaque. This liner can also be used as a shadow base, although I have the NYX white eyeshadow base which is basically the samw thing, just in pot form! You do have to blend this out though if you are going to use it as a base, it will enhance your shadows but crease if you apply a really thick layer.
 
Generally, this has been an amaazing product for me in terms of highlighting, which is what I've discovered a lot of people use it for after reading other reviews. You can also blend it below your browbone, but I don't tend to do this as often as I prefer an under browbone highlight with a bit of shimmer! :)
 
Would I buy again?
Definitely! And that may end up happening as this pencil seems to be getting a lot shorter very quickly!
 
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed my review and watch out for more :)
Libby x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment