Tuesday 26 February 2013

*REVIEW* Sleek Molten Metal 714

Hello :)
Today I have a new review for you...the Sleek Molten Metal Metallic Eyeshadow Duo in 714 which includes the colours Pewter and Goldleaf. There is also a duo in Steel & Ash which I'm keen to get my hands on! :)

 
 
The colour on the left is Pewter and the colour on the right is Goldleaf.
 
 
AVAILABILITY & PRICE:
The Molten Metal Eyeshadow Duos are both £7 from Superdrug or the Sleek website. I do wish Sleek makeup was easier to get a hold of but I can't complain too much as you can find it in most larger Superdrugs. :)

PIGMENTATION:
Apologies for the slightly dodgy swatch...I took a decent photo of a swatch at first but then somehow managed to loose it on my laptop :P

These are riculously pigmented...Cream shadows gererally tend to be pretty pigmented, but these really are beautiful. The only thing with this duo is that I wish the colours were slightyl different, as you can hopefully tell from the swatch there isn't a lot of difference in the two shades. It would be much better I think to have one of the colours a lot darker so you could create a more defined look with these two shades, because there isn't a lot of difference.
In saynig that, the shades are both beautiful (if not unique) and I love using either of the shades near my inner corner for a really bright look.

TEXTURE:
These are VERY creamy and easy to blend. I don't have any problems with the texture other than the fact that the creaminess means that they shadows dont really set ever.

WEARABILITY:
These do eventually crease after a few hours if left on the lids, althought eh colour does last quite well on the lids. The creasing can quickly be sorted out by just blending it slightly with a finger so this isn't a problem. As mentioned before..these don't really ever seem to set, but for cream eyeshadows that don't set they do last very well! :)

OVERALL:
I generally do love this eyeshadow duo and it gets used quite a lot. As I mentioned earlier, I definitely plan on buying the other colour because I love those charcoal shades and I think Sleek should bring out more shades of this! It makes doing an eyeshadow look so easy when you're in a rush and I love how bright the shades make my eyes look.


Would I buy again?
Definitely. :)

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed my review!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment