Monday 20 May 2013

My Top 3 Primers!

Hi! :)
I feel that using a primer is so essential before applying makeup and so I thought I'd compile a little list of my top 3 primers of all time! :) Admittedly I've only tried about 7/8 primers in my time but I definitely know what I like in one!

These aren't in any order, but just my top 3 for both eyes and face!

1) E.L.F Eyelid Primer

 
I love this because it's cheap and works well! This costs £1.50 from www.eyeslipsface.com.
Mine is in "Sheer" but there are other shades available that I haven't tried.
I love this primer because it's so cheap but it makes my shadows last longer and look a lot brighter.
It reminds me of the UDPP but it is cheaper and slightly thinner in texture. It doesn't keep the shadows lasting quite as long but it is great for everyday when you don't want to be using an expensive eye lid primer.
 
2) Urban Decay Primer Potion
 
 
This has a status of being one of the best eye shadow primers ever and I think it does deserve all the hype!
My one here is a mini one (I think it came from the Naked palette) but I have used up a whole full size and another mini one before starting this one.
I use this on special occasions or weekends when I want my shadows extra bright and to last all night without creasing.
It is expensive but it is worth every penny and once I've used this mini up I will definitely get another! Urban Decay also tends to give them with palettes which is worth looking out for as these mini sizes last a surprising amount of time!
I also adore the Primer Potion in the colour Sin which you can read a review of HERE if it interests you :)
 
3) Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer
 
 
I wanted to include a face primer in this list and this one is definitely my favourite!
I got this in a set of Too Faced products and although it is only a deluxe sample size it has lasted me ages.
I use this mainly to go under my concealer. It keeps my concealer lasting SO much longer than without it and it also prevents it creasing.
This is pretty expensive, but like the UDPP I think it is definitely worth it! :)
This is already on my list of things to buy soon!
 
So there you go! There are my favourite primers - I hope you enjoyed reading!
What are your favourite primers? Have you tried any of the ones I mentioned?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment