Wednesday 15 May 2013

*REVIEW* Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

*This is a scheduled post as over the next few weeks I will be busy with exams*

Hi ! :)

The Urban Decay Primer Potion has achieved cult status, but do the variations of the original formula live up to the hype? I bought the Primer Potion in Sin a while back and decided to do a review on it!
 
 
This was around £11 when I bought mine but I'm not completely sure of the price of a full sized one at the moment but I imagine it would be around the same.
You can be get Urban Decay in Debenhams and other department stores and also online. :)
This was sold in the typical "potion" bottle from Urban Decay but now they don't sell the full sizes in this packaging anymore, however the travel sizes are still sold like this.
This claims to do the same as the original primer potion but also provide a base colour which you can wear alone or pair up with another colour.
This has a slanted doe foot applicator which helps to get all of the product from the tube (a common problem that many people used to complain about with Urban Decay!).
The colour Sin is an amazing shimmering champagne colour.
 
The swatches from top: Heavily applied swatch, blended out swatch, heavier swatch blended.

I hope the swatches illustrate the fact that you can really change the intensity of the colour depending on how sheer you want it! I really love the colour of this and you can build it up to be really pigmented or just have it as a wash of colour.

But does it work as a primer too?
Yes! I feel that this does the same as the original primer - it stops my shadows from creasing and keeps them lasting all day. This also intensifies other shadows that you layer on top of it and this makes a  really great base for other neutral colours.

I love that you can wear this alone or pair it with other colours - although obviously this works best with similar bronze/brown/gold/champagne colours.

This does last really well and seems to take a bit of effort to remove it from your lids! but this isn't much of a problem for me because it's so neutral, it's not as if it stains your lids a horrible colour!
Overall I really love this product and have used it so much!
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed my review :)
Libby x


No comments:

Post a Comment