Thursday 23 May 2013

I Heart Drugstore Makeup Tag!

Hi :)
I have a tag post for you today and this time I got the idea from a  video that I literally just watched!

I watched the "I Heart Drugstore Makeup" tag video from emilynoel83 - a youtuber I actually love! I'd highly recommend you checking out her videos, I find them very informative and I trust her opinion more than anyone else's!

So lets get on with it :)

1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand overall?
 
Although here in the UK I can't get E.L.F products in stores, I still would consider them to be a "drugstore" brand as they have great budget prices. I have a lot of E.L.F in my makeup collection and I have so many products that I adore and its great to know I didn't pay a fortune for them!
I also am obsessed with Sleek, which is a UK based brand but you can get it online also.
They are slightly more expensive than E.L.F but they have the most beautiful eye shadows!

2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?
 
At the moment my favourite face product is my Hard Candy Glamouflage concealer. Again, I cant get this in stores in the UK but it is still a drugstore brand (I think this is $6 in the US) and I use it pretty much everyday!
I'm also getting a lot of use out of my Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation as it blends in so well and is great for when you are in a rush as it mattifies so well I don't even need powder on top of this.
 
Cheek product would have to go to E.L.F. I recently reviewed the All Over Colour Stick in Spotlight (which you can read HERE) and I absolutely love it. Gives such a beautiful glow to the cheeks.
 
I'm not a huge lip product person but I do love my Rimmel London Moisture Renew lipstick in "Nude Delight" - definitely my favourite lipstick!

3. Least favourite product?
 
I think this would have to go to my Accessorize face primer...I really didn't like it.
Normally I love Accessorize products but this had badly thought out packaging, was messy to use and generally wasn't worth buying for the price.
You can read my review HERE if you are interested :)

4. What is the best makeup bargain?
 
I think I'd have to say the eye shadows from MUA.
Most of the MUA line (including the shadows) is £1 and for that you get 2g of gorgeousness.
I've currently got 7 and I haven't found one that I don't love.
 

5. What is your favourite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
 
I've used the Bourjois Khol & Contour Eyeliner for ages now and even though now I've tried out many others I always go back to this one. I find that it looks very dark and potent on the lashline and it's not overly creamy but not overly dry either, making it the liner that lasts the best on my waterlines. I think it's only about £5 too and I'm currently on my second one. :)

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
 
Um...I don't have much of an answer for this. The only thing that I can think of is the Revlon ColorStay Foundation which is about £12/£13 pounds here. I love this foundation so I'm happy to pay for it but it still feels ever so slightly steep for a drugstore foundation.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
 
I don't have a huge amount to say here as most of the time I don't buy many high end products very often.
Generally, I've found that the Sleek eye shadows do tend to compete with the quality of many other high end shadows like MAC and Urban Decay.
 
I've found Sleek dupes for the Too Faced Natural At Night Palette too:
 
Sleek "Taupe" = A less crumbly/messy version of Too Faced "Night Light"
Sleek "Moss" = Too Faced "Moonstone"
Sleek "Honeycomb" = Too Faced "Spotlight"
Sleek "Conker" = Too Faced "Eclipse"
 
I generally feel that Sleek's shadows are incredible quality and rival higher end brands.
8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
 
E.L.F nail polishes.
I dislike these - A LOT.
I've bought 3 in the past on separate occasions because I thought that maybe I just got duds or maybe I was being too harsh but I hate all of them.
It feels like I'm painting plastic on my nails. I'm definitely not a fussy person when it comes to nail polishes, far from it, but these feel plastic-y, cheap and they take forever to dry so they end up looking smudged too. They are far too thick and gloopy and it's a shame because I LOVE so many E.L.F products.
 
I'll stick to my Collection 2000 Hot Looks Fast Dry nail polishes...only £1.79 and amazing quality!
 
So there you go! There is my "I heart drugstore makeup" tag...and I have to say I genuinely do love drugstore makeup! Why pay an arm and a leg for something when you can get it for less? :)
By the way...I tag all of you reading this! :)
 
Thanks for reading!
Libby x




No comments:

Post a Comment