Thursday 4 July 2013

5 Products I Regret Buying!

Hi!
 
I think that even though positive reviews on things are very useful, I find that a negative review on a product can be just as informative.
Hence, I decided to compile a quick little list of the top 5 products that I have really regretted wasting money on.
 
 
These aren't in any order!
Basically I was choosing products that I really dislike using.
There are loads of products in my collection that I'm not 100% in love with, but these are the ones I really regret buying!
 
1) BD Designer Eyes in Lapis
 
 
At the time I got this, I thought it was a good idea to have the places for the shades stamped on and it reminded me of the Wet N Wild eye shadows. I seem to remember picking this up in Tesco for around £3/4.
 
 
Can you even call these swatches?
The "Shade" shade (?) had pretty much no pigmentation, it looked like dust on my eye.
The "Shape" shade had more pigmentation but the strip in the trio was so tiny it was damn near impossible to get any on a brush.
The "Shine" was the least awful of the three and I would actually use this as a brow bone highlight occasionally...if the darker shade next to it didn't keep messing it up.
 
Basically, all three shades had bad pigmentation, the texture was rock solid and I really didn't like this. It's been sat at the back of my eye shadow drawer since.
 
2) Benefit Boi-ing Concealer
 
I'm not keen on this, it was pricey too.
 
 
Of all 5 this is probably the product I dislike the least, but I'm still not happy with it.
This stuff is greasy as hell, it slides around on your face and if you put it under your eyes it just cakes up and creases badly. You need so much powder to cover up the shininess it leaves that you just end up with a cakey mess.
And on top of that, it doesn't even cover that well. Eek.
 
You can see that I've actually hit pan on this, but that's not actually an amazing feat. There's around 3g of this (compared to the 7g in MAC Studio Finish) and because the pan is so big you actually hit the metal pretty quickly.
The only thing I use this for now is for muting out the natural colour of my lips when I use a lip colour and even then I use the tiniest bit.
For £16.50, I expected better.
 
3) Accessorize Primer
 
 
It's such a shame that I don't like this because I've tried other products from Accessorize (eg their nail polishes and eye shadows) and loved them.
 
I've done a full review of this HERE if you want to have a read...its...er....less than favourable.
 
The first problem I have with this is the packaging.
Even when I bought it new, there was a lot of air in the actual packaging, combined with the ridiculously large opening in the tube, this creates ultimately a very messy experience.
Far too much primer leaks out, gets everywhere and then you have to waste it.
 
And on top of that, its pretty greasy feeling and doesn't do anything in the way of helping foundation or concealer lasting longer.
 
Definitely not a product I will be repurchasing, unfortunately. 
It does slightly improve the pigmentation of certain eye shadows, and so sometimes I use it for swatching (where it doesn't matter so much that so much primer leaks out because I need a lot) but basically I'll be pleased when this is finished up.
 
4) Barry M Glitter Liquid Eyeliner (13)
 
 
I don't remember ever liking this.
Again, I LOVE most of Barry M's products. Their Dazzle Dusts are incredible and I love their Nail Paints.
However this for me was just a dud.
I think you can probably see from the photo, this completely dried out and there is very little actual product in the tube.
It's strange because when I bought it I remember there being liquid glitter actually inside the tube, but this crafty little devil seems to have dried up before I even properly got a chance to use it.
It's vanishing act is better than some magicians I've seen.
 
I'm not sure this counts as a swatch...but this is all I can get out of this little tube and I think all I've ever been able to get out of it. *sigh*
It looked so pretty in the tube when I first bought it too.
 
5) L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Holographic Liquid Lips (Gold Rose 86)
 
 
 
 
Last but not least(....well...technically all of these products are "least" but you get my drift) is this lipgloss.
 
I'm going to cut straight to it: This stuff smells. And it's not a gone off smell it's an intentional smell.
The scent that they have given this is strong and nauseating. It reminds me of some kind of yogurt that's been given a fake berry scent to it. To me, it's far too strong and just not nice. It also hangs around ages after you've applied it.
 
I just put some of this on to see if it was as bad as I remember (haven't used it in ages) and yes it is.
The smell is too strong but also it's heavy and thick and just generally isn't a nice product.
 
 
So...there you go! I think that's enough ranting about makeup products for one day ;)
 
What are your makeup regrets?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment