Monday 1 July 2013

*REVIEW* E.L.F High Definition Powder

Hi!
I have a review of the E.L.F High Definition Powder today, a product that is believed to be a dupe for the MakeupForever HD powder but at a much lower price! :)

 
I haven't tried the Makeup Forever Powder (their products are very hard to get here in the UK) so I can't give a direct comparison but I can definitely give you my thoughts on this powder!


 
This powder costs £6.00 from www.eyeslipsface.co.uk and mine says Translucent on the sheet that came with my order and Sheer on the packaging...so I'm guessing it means the same thing.
On the website it says that this also comes in Shimmer and Corrective Yellow.
 
On the packaging it says that:
 
"Masks fine lines for a radiant complexion.
 The high definition loose powde creates a "soft focus" effect to the skin.
The incredibly soft and invisible powder is great for on camera and everyday wear.
The microfine particles are designed to be used with high-definition camera technology or for everyday wear. Apply powder all over the ace for a professional and youthful look of perfection."
 
 
This loose powder comes in quite sturdy black packaging. From reading reviews online I know that several people have issues with the bulkiness of the packaging. I agree that it is quite bulky but it does feel pretty strong and I have the space so that the packaging isn't a problem for me.
If you have very shallow drawers or spaces for your powders this is pretty tall so could cause some problems but this isn't an issue for me.
 
The powder comes with a powder puff but I don't tend to use these as I usually apply powder with a brush. Nevertheless it is still nice to have and would save space if you were travelling as you can just fit the puff in the pot and it will also keep the powder from getting too messy.
 
 
In terms of the powder itself it is just a very finely milled, white loose powder that comes off translucent when you apply it.
I will say that if you have a dark skin tone this may make you look a little ashy, especially in photos.
 
This powder can get a little messy sometimes as to get it out you have to tap it into the lid of the pot but it's not too much of a problem unless you throw it around a bit.
 
In terms of application, my favourite way to apply this is using a fairly big but soft powder brush. I swirl it around the lid of the pot to pick up any powder there and tap off excess. I then lightly dust this around my t-zone.
 
I really like the finish this gives my skin. I find that it really does blur your skin out and it makes your ski look fresh, matte and NOT CAKEY! :)
It also makes my skin feel very soft and I do really like this powder a lot. 
The staying power is pretty good too and it keeps my face from looking too oily.
I've actually tried this under my eyes to set concealer too. I used to use the E.L.F HD Undereye powder (which I still do love) but I find that because this is more finely milled it actually is better for when I have a lot of concealer under there because it doesn't cake up quite as much.  
 
This is marketed as being a powder that is good for photos and I must say that it is good for that!
On Friday I had my school ball and I used this to set my foundation.
In photos I really liked the finished effect as it made my skin look clear
 and not overly shiny!
It says that this "masks fine lines" but I'm not too sure about this, however I think it's a great powder overall!
 
So what do you think of this powder?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment