Sunday 7 July 2013

Makeup Look: Quick & Classic Eye

Hi!
 
Today I have a makeup look to show you that I actually didn't wear myself.
 It was our school prom/ball the other week and my beautiful friend Nicole agreed that I could do her makeup for her....after me promising I wouldn't turn her into an orange weirdo with two black eyes ;)
 
I decided to use the Urban Decay Naked Palette for this look, and taking into account her dress colour I created this smokey look that is also still quite light and classic!
 
 
 
 
Here are the products I used:
 
 
Face:
 
Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse
E.L.F HD Powder
E.L.F Blush in Shy
E.L.F All Over Colour Stick in Spotlight
 
Eyes:
 
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
Urban Decay Naked Palette (shades listed below)
17 Photo Flawless Eye Pencil in Copper
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero
 
 
I think the face speaks for itself: I wanted products that would last a while and look great all night!
I'm really loving the Rimmel primer and I especially think that the E.L.F HD Powder is great for photos! I also thought the E.L.F blush and highlight stick were great for adding a bit of colour to the face.
 
For the eyes I used the UD primer in Sin to keep the shadows lasting all night.
From the Naked palette I used the shade Toasted all over the lid and then added Hustle to the outer edge of the lid.
I then added Creep to the outer v to darken the edges.
I took a fluffy blending brush to dust the shade Virgin in the very inner corner and under the brow bone.
I then lined the top lash line with the 17 liner and then set that liner with Darkhorse from the UD palette.
I then lined the bottom lash line with the UD liner in Zero.
I then finished with mascara!
 
So there you go, thank you for reading!
I think this is a quick and easy look that although looks like it takes a lot of steps, it's very simple and hard to get wrong. I also think it looks very classic and not too dramatic!
 
Libby x

2 comments:

  1. I love this look! I'm so glad I came across your blog, because I love music and I saw in your 'About Me' section that you are just as immersed in it! I would love if you could do more looks with the NAKED palette, I'm running out of inspiration for it and might include it in a 'Products I Regret Buying' post. Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! that's true I am absolutely OBSESSED with music! :) I'll definitely make sure I do some more looks with this palette as I really adore it, its one of my most used palettes. Thanks you so much for taking the time to read & comment!:)

    ReplyDelete