Wednesday 3 July 2013

Makeup Look: Fire & Water

Hi!
 
I have a new makeup look today, created using mainly products from one of my favourite brands, Sleek! :)
 
 
I noticed as I added the final pop of blue on the water line how much this reminds me of a look that Meredith Jessica (an awesome makeup artist on youtube, i definitely recommend checking her out!) created, I think hers was called "golden sunrise".
Her's had a lot more golden tones on the lid, whereas mine was created using mainly reds so the looks are quite different, but I could really see similarities!
I called this look Fire & Water because that's what it reminds me of! The deep reds and orange on the lid reminds me of fire. I wasn't planning on adding the blue but in the palette i was using I spotted a bright blue and decided it would just go perfectly along the bottom lashline! 
 
 
Here are the products I used!
 
Sleek Creme To Powder Foundation (Review coming soon!)
Sleek Ink Pot Gel Eyeliner in Dominatrix
NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
E.L.F Eyelid Primer
Barry M Khol Pencil 30
 
 
For the shadows I used this I-Divine Eyeshadow Palette from Sleek.
Unfortunately it was from a limited edition collection last summer (?) called the Mediterranean Collection and the palette is called Monaco but after looking online it seems that if you're lucky there might be some floating around that you can grab.
 
Otherwise, if you didn't pick up one of these palettes, most of the colours can be substituted for various shades in the 120 palettes or the 88 colour palettes, so just use what you have! :)
 
 
 
After applying the E.L.F primer to my lids, on a flat stiff brush I applied the colour Sunset which is a gorgeous red toned, deep bronze colour. I applied this to the outer half of the lid and then uesd the colour next to it, Washed Ashore on the inner half and blended.
On a small brush I used Moors Treasure (the dark burgundy colour) to the crease and blended it out with a crease brush.
I used the Barry M Pencil on the very inner corner as a base for the Bamboo shade that I applied as a highlight. I also used Bamboo under my brow bone.
I lined my top lashline (only halfway along) with the Sleek gel liner, winging it out slightly.
Then I took a tiny brush and the NYX shadow base and applied this carefully along the water line.
I then topped that with the shade Humming Bird, a beautiful blue colour with some gold shimmer in it.
And then I finished with mascara!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my look!
Thank you for reading :)
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment