Friday 5 July 2013

*REVIEW* Collection 2000 Super Size Fat Lash Mascara

Hi!
 
I have a review today on a product that I recently featured in a haul video recently:
the Collection 2000 Super Size Fat Lash Mascara.
That's a bit of a mouthful!
 
Oh. It's now just called "Collection"......I appear to have missed that memo.
Oh well, I prefer the name Collection 2000 ;)
 
 
Ok I won't lie to you...I was attracted to this because of the bright pink tube.
I'm not a pink person, but I do like the way this looks in my mascara drawer!
 
This retails for £2.99 and the colour I have is Black, although it also comes in Black/Brown and Ultra Black.
 
 
The wand is your traditional bristle wand...nothing fancy or different!
You do get quite a clump on the end of the wand so you do need to be aware that you need to wipe that off before using it.
 
Here are some "before" pictures of my lashes....I was wearing a fairly neutral eye look today so thought it would be a good opportunity to show this mascara so you could really see how it performs!
 
 
 
And here are the after pictures!
 
 
 
As you can hopefully see, this adds quite a bit of definition and length to the lashes, as well as some volume.
 
 "Super size your lashes!
Super volumising mascara for big, bold lashes!"
 
Hmm..
Considering this is marketed as a really volumising product, I'm not sure it lives up to it's name entirely.
This does give a decent amount of volume and is good for everyday purposes, however the volume isn't amazing and for a more dramatic look this just wouldn't make my lashes stand out too well.
However the lengthening is good and they don't clump up too badly either.
 
The formula seems to be pretty wet and I've noticed when applying this that no matter how careful I am, I always get some transfed to the crease of my eye when I'm putting on this mascara.
This is a bit of a pain generally although not a major problem.
Once it's on I didn't notice flaking or smearing but I generally don't have a problem with that in any mascara!
 
So overall?
I like the length this gives, and although it does clump on the second coat it doesn't clump on the first coat.
The volume it gives is decent and this mascara does work well on an everyday basis but for more dramatic looks this just wouldn't give enough "oomph" to the lashes.
 
Would I buy again?
Probably not as I have found other mascaras that I really like (Stila Fibre Optics) but I'll happily use up the rest of the tube!
 
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed my review.
Libby x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment