Wednesday 31 July 2013

Makeup Look: 80's Inspired Eyes!

Hi!

I have another makeup look today, one that I was inspired to do from photos of makeup from the 80's!
It was so fun to do this, I really love just being able to sit down and have a play with bright colours. It's not really a wearable look...but who only wants to ever do wearable looks?!
This was also an excuse for me to use my blue mascara that I got a while ago as a sample :)






 
Products used:
 
NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
MUA Liquid Liner Shade 5
No.7 Extreme Length Mascara in Iridescent Sapphire (yes, it's blue mascara! :D )
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero
Fraulein 38 120 Pro Palette
 
 
 
 
First I used the NYX base with a synthetic brush all over the lid to give the super bright shadows something to cling onto. I used the bright, fuscia pink from the 120 palette on the outer half and then blended the shimmery blue together on the inner half.
 I think blue and pink for me just scream 80's makeup and how often do you get to put those two together?? :)
I took the purple and blended it into the crease and slightly below the bottom lash line.
I used the slightly shimmery white as a highlight.
I lined the outer half of my top lash line with the MUA liquid liner as I noticed in a lot of photos the liner was quite harsh and I wanted to keep the liner as close to the lash line as possible so it didn't detract from the blue & pink on the lids.
I also lined my waterline with the UD liner.
And then I topped it off with the No.7 blue mascara!
 
While I didn't actually buy the mascara (I got it in a free sample) it was still fun to use because I've never really been able to use it for much because it's not the sort of thing you can throw on for school!
 
Plus a bonus picture of our 12 week old Collie cross puppy! :)
I think this photo just emphasizes his massive ears...he hasn't grown into them yet!
 
 
Anyway, this was a really fun look to do! Hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks for reading
Libby x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment