Thursday 18 July 2013

Sky & Sun Makeup Look!

Hi!
 
I was playing around with some of my Barry M pigments the other day and came up with this look..just thought I'd show you the fruits of my labours!
 
Also, check back in a couple of days for more makeup looks because I'm going to compile one post that has 5 different makeup looks that you can do with the Urban Decay Naked palette! I just thought it would be good to show some of the diversity you can get with that palette :)
 
Anyway!
I decided to call this look "Sky & Sun" because honestly that's what it reminds me of!
We've been having suspiciously good weather here in the UK and for once the sky has been actually blue for a while now! :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Here are the products I used:
 
NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette
Barry M Dazzle Dust 22 (the bright electric blue)
Barry M Dazzle Dust 94 (a teal shade)
Barry M Dazzle Dust 96 (golden shade)
Stila Fibre Optics Mascara
 
 
 
Circled are the shades that I used for this look :)
 
 
 
First I applied the NYX base using a small synthetic brush all over the lid to give the pigments something to stick to and also to make the colours bright and vibrant.
I then patted the electric blue dazzle dust (22) on the inner half of the lid (leaving room for the cold near the inner corner) and then the teal dazzle dust on the outer half (94).
I blended them together then patted the gold dazzle dust (96) right on the inner corner.
I took the darkest purple shade from the Coastal Scents palette and blended this into the crease, and I added a touch of black on the "outer v" too.
I took a small brush and carefully applied the NYX base to the waterline and then also applied the teal dazzle dust to the water line. This makes the colour bright and long lasting but you have to be careful because it can irritate your eyes.
I added a mixture of the remaining two purple shades next to each other from the Coastal Scents palette just underneath the lash line and just on top as shown in the picture.
I then used the lightest shade in the palette under the brow bone and on the inner corner to brighten the eye and blend out any harsh lines.
Then I finished with mascara!
 
So all in all not the most wearable look ever, but one that I think is really fun and looks pretty crazy and bright :)
I really love getting creative with bright makeup colours!
Please feel free to let me know if you have any requests that you have for me to do!
 
 
Thanks so much for reading!
Have a great day :)
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment