Friday 26 July 2013

*REVIEW* Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils (Zero, Electric & Ransom)

Hi!
 
Apologies for the slight delays in blog posts recently, been working on a 5 different looks post for the famous UD Naked palette and its taken quite a while! I originally thought I'd have that one next up but I thought I'd just write this review for you now as I have the pictures ready :)
 
Today I'm reviewing the 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils from Urban Decay, one of my favourite brands!
They're products are pretty expensive, but I know that they don't test on animals and also their products are pretty amazing!
 
 
I have three of these at the moment, I have the shades:
 
Zero: Matte, opaque black
Electric: Bright...er..."electric" blue ;)
Ransom: purple with a hint of blue tones reflecting back
 
I did at a time have another Zero but a mini one...UD tends to give them with palettes quite often.
Electric was bought separately and the Zero and Ransom were with the Book Of Shadows III...which I adore by the way!
 
In the UK these retail for £14 each however it is a lot better for your purse if you buy palettes from them because they often have these thrown in, and combined with the price of the shadows, even though their palettes are expensive its pretty good for the amount you're getting.
 
UD used to be sold in Boots but isn't anymore which is disappointing :(
I now get my products from them usually online at Debenhams but you can also find their shop online or in other department stores.
 
Swatches:
 
 
 
From left to right:
 
Electric, Ransom and Zero.
 
 
There's no other way of saying this, I really love these!
The formula means that like the name they really do "glide on" and they can be used as a base too.
I personally like to set these if I'm using them all over the lid simply because they are very creamy and so could possibly fade or crease if you used them all over the lids.
These also work pretty well on the waterlines too but my favourite use for these is for using them as a base.
If you top them with shadow, it will enhance the colour payoff and longevity of your shadows and they won't crease.
 
Zero is perfect for creating that smokey eye because it just blends so easily!
 
Electric is beautiful on the bottom waterline for a pop of colour and its so bright and vibrant! Definitely my favourite!
 
Although you may not see in the swatch, Ransom is slightly less pigmented than the others which means that it requires you to go over it a couple of times to get a really good solid colour like the others. Nevertheless it is still beautiful once it's on and again, works great on the bottom waterline for a fun pop of colour!
 
Packaging:
 
The packaging is pretty good because in my drawer I can clearly see (even amongst all the other liners in there) what colours they are which is very useful!
However one thing I'm not so fond of is that these liners tend to break fairly easily. I'm not sure what it is but Electric in particular often has a broken tip when I take the lid off, just something about these isn't sturdy at all but its hard to put my finger on it.
Also they get blunt quickly because they are creamy so you have to sharpen them often, meaning that you can lose some product. Mine are all pretty short now comparing with how they were originally!
 
All in all I really like these!
The only disadvantages I can think of are the price and the fact that they break easily.
But for the bright, bold colour I don't think you can complain too much really!
 
 
Thanks for reading! Have you tried these liners?
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment