Wednesday 4 September 2013

*REVIEW* Miss Sporty Studio Lash Waterproof Macara

Hi!
 
I noticed whilst writing this that this will be my 100th post! Because of this I just wanted to say massive thank you to everyone who has ever read any part of my blog - it means a lot to me! :)
 
Ok now onto the review!
 
This is the Studio Lash Waterproof Mascara from Miss Sporty in the shade 1 Black.
 
 
 
This retails for £2.99 and the Studio Lash mascaras from Miss Sporty come in all sorts of different types which I'm intrigued to about.
The price of this is very good and places it right under the title of "budget mascara" for me.
 
This mascara promises a lot:
 
"Dual action applicator for instant lash sculpting effect with perfect separation. Lashes are lifted up to 70% and are up to 60% longer. Zero clumps. Smudge and smear proof."
 
 
The wand on this is one of those flexible rubber wands with short bristles that get shorter towards the end of the wand. You do have to wipe off quite a bit of product when you take it out the tube.
 
Unfortunately for me this mascara formula is very wet and is too wet for the wand. When I pull it out even after wiping it I can still see clumps of product.
As someone who prefers drier mascara formulas, I didn't have high hopes for this from the beginning really.
 
Here's some photos!
 
BEFORE:
 
 
 
AFTER:
 
 
 
 
Uh...lashes lifted "70%"? I don't think so.
 
For me this just isn't too great in terms of what it does for my lashes. This was all I dared to put on as I knew from the moment I touched the wand to my lashes that this was going to clump and it did.
One light coat and its made my lashes stick together more than I would like, although I suppose it has separated out the clumps rather evenly, but that could just be a fluke.
 
I really believe the wet formula is to blame for this as it's made my lashes stick together but not added much in terms of volume. There is definitely some lengthening there but just not enough volume for me.
It also makes my lashes look pretty spidery which I'm not a fan of.
 
Is it waterproof?
Kind of.
I wore this to a theme  park where we were going on water rides and I didn't find that it smeared or smudged, but then I was being careful to wipe my eyes because I didn't want to walk around with panda eyes. It does last quite well but I rarely have a problem with mascaras smudging or smearing anyway.
I guess it's water resistant, but I wouldn't trust this to be completely waterproof.
 
 
So overall not that impressed. The formula is too wet and clumps up my lashes and doesn't do enough in terms of volume and separation for me. I'd say it has better durability than my other mascaras, but it's certainly nothing special.
Although, for such a cheap price, what can I expect?
 
Anyway, thanks so much for reading!
Libby x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment