Tuesday 26 March 2013

Make Up Empties! #1

Hello!
I decided to do a post based on my beauty empties for the first time today...as I think it says a lot whether you've bothered to finish a whole product!
Normally when I finish a product, I keep the packaging for a while so I can tell what I've used up. However recently I moved  house and did not want to take empty makeup products with me! I decided to take a photo of the products that I have used up completely, so I don't have to take them with me to clutter up a new house but I can still remember what I've used up!

I'll list all of the products and give you a run down of what I liked (or otherwise!) about them :) I'm generally working my way through from the left to the right, in case you want to match the product to the description!
 
1) Agatha Ruiz de la Prada Kiwi lip balm -
This is the yellow and green lip balm that you can see in the picture. I originally got this from Spain and although it took me a while to get through it (there was a lot in the tin!) I did really enjoy it. I didn't originally know the name but after a quick internet search I've found it along with a price that seems to be around $5. I didn't look very far but I didn't happen to see places that shipped it to the UK, but I'm sure if you're interested you can find it somewhere online.. This was the kiwi flavour and smelled amazing, but it didn't have a really overpowering scent. It kept my lips really well moisturised, hence why I used up every last bit!
Would I buy again? Yes probably, if it were a little easier to get a hold of!

2) Max Factor Glide And Define Masterpiece liquid eyeliner -
This was the first liquid eyeliner I had! (Well...actually it was my sisters but she gave it to me!) I've managed to find this online for around the £5 mark, but I haven't noticed it in many shops recently. This had a very soft sponge applicator and while this was nice for the delicate eye area it wasn't brilliant for creating a bold line. It worked well as a liquid liner, but it didn't have any amazing qualities that made it stand out for me.
Would I buy again? If I was out of liquid liner and happened to see it I might, but I wouldn't go out looking for it.

3) Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint Mascara -
The packaging of this seems to have changed slightly...looking online it seems to be a black tube with blue writing whereas mine had orange writing...unless I'm looking at a different one! :P I got this as part of a kit from Too Faced which had all sorts of products in it, although looking online this seems to retail for around £16 which is quite pricy. The thing I remember the most about this is that the wand was pretty small and clumped up easily, making it difficult to get separation in my lashes. I took this on holiday and I must admit even in heat and humidity it lasted well, and did give some volume but it just didn't separate very well. The small wand made it easy to be precise, but it didn't provide any great volume or length. It was an ok everyday mascara, but nothing special. This dried up pretty quickly but I'd pretty much finished it by then anyway. This had a smell to it which I can't quite pinpoint (kind of orangey... ? ) but I actually liked it in a weird way!
Would I buy again? No, I've had cheaper mascaras that have worked better. (Hi L'Oreal Voluminous :) )

4) Boots Eye Cream -
Not completely sure why this is in here as it's not make up... :P This is the white tube with the blue lid in the picture. I used this for a long time to moisturize my eye area before putting on concealer to stop it caking, and it worked well enough. it lasted a long time and it moisturised well. I remember this being very cheap, and I used in a long time ago when I didn't have as many moisturisers as I do now! :)
Would I Buy Again? Probably not as I don't have the need for it; now I use my moisturiser on my eye area, although I'm tempted to try out the Simple eye cream!

5) Miss Sporty So Clear Pressed Powder -
I have now hit pan on my second one of these...and I plan to buy another soon! I really like the formula of this as its light, keeps my skin feeling really soft and doesn't break me out. I recently did  a full review of this on my blog, which you can read *here*.  This costs around £3 and is such a good bargain!
Would I buy again? Definitely! I plan to pick up another backup one of these soon.

6) ELF Tone Correcting Concealer -
I bought this off the elf website a while back (www.eyeslipsface.co.uk) and while I remember liking It, the small tube vanished pretty quickly. My main issue was the packaging; the wand didn't reach the product stuck at the bottom so some was wasted. The concealer had ok coverage, but nothing special. I LOVED the smell of this (ELF uses the scent sugar orange in some of their products and I love it) but it didn't to anything amazing. I mainly used this to tone correct a concealer that was too light.
Would I buy again? Maybe as a backup concealer, but I wouldn't go especially looking for it.

7) Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original) -
I use up both a full sized and a mini version of this, and I still have one mini left. I do love this; it makes the shadows so much brighter and  they last ages. I love this product and would use it every day if it wasn't so expensive. I don't use this on an every day basis (I use just a base like the NYX one) so I don't need to keep on buying it because it lasts well, however I have no complaints for this product. Its a cult favourite and its easy to see why!
Would I buy again? Yes, I probably will at some point. :)

8) Max Factor Masterpiece High Definition Mascara -
This retails for around £7/£8 but I got a mini version free for spending a certain amount on Max Factor products. This does define very well, and I used to use it every day for school as it was subtle, but defined very well. Nowadays I'm a lot older and generally prefer more volume and length in a mascara and so now I don't think this would quite cut it as its more of a "my lashes but better" mascara.
Would I buy again? Probably not.

9) Barry M Crackle Effect Nail Polish (Black) -
I feel like this doesn't really need an introduction...most of us have owned this polish and tried the "crackle" trend at some point or another. I really loved the effect this gave any nail polish and it looked very pretty, but what annoys me about this is that I didn't actually use it up. After a couple of uses it turned gloopy and then eventually just dried out completely. I didn't use it that much before it came completely useless. It only costs around £4 so I guess its not a tragedy but even so it does bug me.
Would I buy again? I will...but only when I get around to it. I'm still not completely happy with it drying out but I do like the effect it gives.

10) Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse Foundation -
The pot of this you can see in the picture was actually my second pot of this, as I got through it quite quickly. This costs around £7/£8 but it does dry out quite quickly. It has light/medium coverage but I really liked the way it sat on the skin and it blended in really well. I haven't rebought it for a while but recently it  came to my mind again and I might repurchase it at some point, maybe as a foundation to use on school days as its quite light. My shade was 020 Cameo.
Would I buy again? I probably will when I remember!

11) Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain:
This is a very thick, creamy concealer that I used to use for the under eyes. It used to actually be too light for my skin tone so I used to have to put something on top of it to correct it, but this wasn't too much of a problem. Now I have repurchased it in a shade that matches my skin tone (Warm ivory) but to be honest I've found better alternatives to this concealer. I will still use the one I have but for under eyes I prefer the Hard Candy Glamoflage and the MAC Studio Finish for blemishes. This one feels a bit too  creamy and does cake up a bit, but I still like it and it's nice to have for backup.  
Would I buy again? It's unlikely because I have another one at the moment, but if I ever finished that it is possible.

12) The Body Shop Divide And Multiply Mascara -
I'm pretty sure my version was a mini version and to be honest it was ages ago that I had this. I just kept the empty tube for a while. This was very similar to the Max Factor Mascara I mentioned earlier, but with a drier formula. It was good for an every day mascara, but these days I prefer something with more volume in it, and this just wouldn't match up any more to my expectations.
Would I buy again? No probably not.

13) Maybelline The Falsies Mascara -
I have found memories of this mascara, and I remember being genuinely quite gutted when it ran out. I liked the wand on this and it gave me good volume and length without clumping up. I have since coped without it  but looking at it now has reminded me of how much I liked it. And I liked the pink tube. ;) I think if I'm ever looking for a mascara that I KNOW I like I will come to this one. if I'm ever looking for something familiar that I know works this will definitely be my first choice. I do like to try out and experiment different mascaras meanwhile but I will keep note of this mascara to rebuy in the future. This cost around £7/£8 and is quite widely available.
Would I buy again? Most likely at some point, but maybe not straight away.

Phew! That was a llloooonnnngggg post! In the future when I do this they will be shorter; it was only this size because I had these products hanging around for a while!
Thanks for reading! What are your makeup / beauty empties?
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment