Sunday 24 March 2013

*REVIEW* ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight

Hi!
This morning I have another review for you...this time it's the ELF shimmering Facial Whip and the shade that I have is spotlight.


 PRICE AND AVAILABILIY:
These are available from the ELF website for the UK (www.eyeslipsface.co.uk) (or www.eyeslipsface.com if you're not in the UK). I have also stumbled across certain ELF products n TK maxx occasionally but they've usually been the palettes. These cost £1.50, which is a great bargain! They come in a load of different shades that you could use as a blush, but this shade is a highlighter shade.

TEXTURE:
I won't lie. The texture of these is odd. Mine is extremely running and unless you shake it well you just end up with a  load of water that doesn't have any shimmer in it at all but then occasional big gloops of glitter...it's a little bit strange and because of that I've found the best way to apply these is to shake it, squirt some onto my hand blend it in with my finger and then use a brush to apply it on my face, however you have to be very gentle because the product is so watery before now it has actually done something similar to washing my foundation off underneath. Which isn't great.
Here it is when you first squirt it on in one big watery blob..
As you start to blend it out you can see just how watery it is, but because I've shaken it there is some shimmer at least...
And then when it's blended out well enough it sits ok on the skin (as long as you haven't "washed" away your foundation with this...)
 

PIGMENTATION:
The swatch above doesn't show it too well (hurray for bad lighting...) but this product is actually very shimmery. It is definitely a white shimmer, so if you have a darker skin tone it may look a little frosty and it doesn't have the pink undertone that Benefit's High Beam has, but it has a lot more shimmer that that. As long as you blend it, the shimmer isn't too in your face and it actually works pretty well.

Overall:
Overall this is pretty good for the price...I just wish it wasn't so watery as its quite hard to work with without smearing your foundation underneath! It is a very cheap product which is one of the benefits of it, and the colour works well for me because I'm pale, however I can't help but feel that there may be better yet still cheap highlighters out there. In saying that, I do have a certain fondness for this product and I do wear it quite often.... eg on days when I want a highlight but not to use up one of my mini Benefit High Beam's which are expensive!

Would I buy again? Probably not...however I will be happy to use up this product. If I buy again I'd maybe buy a blush colour but I'm not sure yet.

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed my review :)
Libby x






No comments:

Post a Comment