Sunday 10 March 2013

*REVIEW* - Miss Sporty So Clear Pressed Powder

Hello :)
I have another review for you today - The Miss Sporty So Clear Pressed Powder.
The shade I have is 001 Transparent but I haven't seen any other shades so I'm assuming that this is the only one.
This has quite a few claims on the back, which was one of the reasons I was attracted to it in the first place. It claims to have 4 "anti-blemish actions", it promises "up to 7 hours healthy looking skin" and "flawless and healthy looking finish" among other things.
The whole Miss Sporty line seems to be generally catering to teenagers and most of their powders/foundations ect have similar promises to look after young skin.

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
The price of this seems to vary slightly but I've never seen it go for more than £3, making this a total bargain. I think I bought this for something like £2.89 or similar.
I've seen Miss Sporty in most Boots and Superdrug, and I think one or two supermarkets too so it's quite widely available.
 
PACKAGING:
 

This comes in quite a sturdy blue case which has a sponge and a mirror in it, although the mirror is permanently covered in powder which makes it pretty useless and I don't really like using sponges for powder, so I use a brush instead. It would be useful for emergencies though. The packaging does feel pretty sturdy and I wouldn't have any worries about taking it travelling. You get 9.4g in this but I seem to get through powders quite quickly so I've already hit pan on it...

TEXTURE AND COVERAGE:
Something I like about this is the fact that the texture feels quite light; I have a few other powders that definitely feel heavier than this. It doesn't give a huge amount of coverage but just enough to set my foundation and concealer well and add a little bit of coverage.
The colour is quite light, and this means that if you have quite a dark skin tone it might look a little frosty. The thing I like the most about this is how soft it makes my skin feel when I apply it. It really does a great job of absorbing excess oil and it makes my skin feel so clean yet soft at the same time.
It also does last pretty well, a good few hours but then again I don't have massive problems with oily skin anyway as my skin is quite dry.
I also like the fact that this makes my skin LOOK clear too, I'm not quite sure what about it does this, I think just the thin texture adds quite an airbrushed effect which seems to do a good job of blurring out imperfections.

OVERALL:
Generally I really like this powder and its the one I use most often. I like the way it gives my skin that soft feeling, and I have actually already rebought this because it is my second one, and I've already hit pan on it! I think for the price it's amazing too.

Would I buy it again?
Defintely, I probably will buy it again when this one runs out.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy my review!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment