Saturday 30 March 2013

*REVIEW*- Stila Smudge Stick Eyeliner (Bluefin & Peacock)

Hello! :)

I have another review for you today! This time is two of my favourite eyeliners ever! They are both the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liners, and the colours I have are Bluefin and Peacock.
 
PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
These are available from larger Boots and also online too, as well as any other places that stock Stila. They are pricey at £12-£14 depending where you get them, but these are one of the few makeup items I can justify buying at that price!

PIGMENTATION:
One of the main reasons I love these is the pigmentation. When I swatched them in Boots both times I bought these I couldn't resist once seeing how they swatched. They are both extremely pigmented and really beautiful colours.
 
I swatched them and then also what they looked like blended out, the top two swatches is the shade Bluefin and the bottom two are Peacock.
 
Bluefin:
 This has a black base with dark blue shimmer and sparkles in it. I wasn't planning on buying it but when I saw it swatched I knew I needed to get it! It's such a unique colour and I love it to pieces!
Peacock:
This is a beautiful deep teal colour with plenty of shimmer. Really pigmented and it looks just beautiful on!
 
TEXTURE:
These go on really creamy and don't tug at the eyelid when you apply them. They glide on so easily but don't leave a harsh line as they blend really well. You can smudge them before they set because they're so creamy.

WEARABILIY:
These last really well which is another reason why I love them! You can smudge them for a bit but then once they've set they last around 12 hours really well. If you leave them ages they  can transfer slightly but that can be expected because they are so creamy and pigmented. For some reason the shade Bluefin doesn't last quite as well as peacock but they are still much better than the average liner!

OVERALL:
I LOVE these. Unique colours, creamy, blendable, last ages they are just perfect. I just wish they were cheaper, but I totally believe these are worth the price so next time if I see any that I love the colour of I might not be able to stop myself! The only other thing I'm not too keen on is the fact that these are twist up pencils, which some prefer as you don't need a sharpener but I've found these are far more delicate and break easily which isn't great when you pay that price tag!

Would I buy again?
Yes definitely!

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed my review!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment