Wednesday 20 March 2013

*REVIEW* - Collection 2000 Glam Crystals

Hello :) Sorry for the absence lately..but I have a review for you today...
These are the Glam Crystals glitter liners from Collection 2000 that I stumbled across one day in Tescos and have since bought more!

I now own 4 of these liners... the colours are (from top to bottom) Dig it (15), Dancing Queen (8), Shake It Up (11) and Funk (3).
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
These all cost around £3 and Collection 2000 is available pretty much everywhere...in most big supermarkets, Boots and Superdrug. This price is pretty great and one the reasons I have been back to get more of these liners!

PIGMENTATION:

 

It was pretty hard to get decent photos of these as the lighting wasn't too good...

They are in order of the second picture (left to right): Dig It, Dancing Queen, Shake It Up, and Funk.

Dig It: Probably the most unique and easiest to wear as this is a black base with gold sparkle in it; it makes a really nice change from a normal old black liner on the top lash line! :) There are different sized chunks of glitter in this one but I really love it, it's really pigmented and comes off well in one swipe (as do all of these to be fair.) This is my favourite in terms of the colour.

Dancing Queen: This is the first liner I got, this looks amazing put on top of a matte pink liner. This is  a pink base with purple, blue, gold, pink and goodness knows what else in there. This is again really pigmented and looks really bright and interesting because of the different colour glitter in there.

Shake It Up: Another one of my favourites! This is a purple base with blue, green, silver, red, and purple glitter in there. It looks really great lined over a black base...Again...very pigmented.

Funk: This the best gold liner I've tried! Most of the others I've tried/swatched are patchy and weird. This one has as slightly different texture and seems to have slightly finer pieces of glitter so it's less chunky and seems to go on smoother with less gaps where there isn't as much glitter.

TEXTURE:
There isn't a huge amount I can say about texture for theses...as expected with glitter liners they feel slightly gritty and chunky (with the possible exception of Funk) but this doesn't bother me and to be honest what can you expect from a liner that is packed with glitter?? These are so pretty and I don't have any problems with the texture.

WEARABILITY:
These will last around 8 hours on me but I will loose a little bit of glitter in that time, mainly on the inner corner where I tend to rub my eyes more..(must stop doing that...) however these aren't incredibly long wearing...I have ended up with a small amount of glitter on my face but I'm not too bothered about that. These also remove really easily for anyone who has a hard time removing eye makeup well.

OVERALL:
I really like these! (I hope you can tell seeing as I've gone back and ended up with 4!) my favourite colours are Dig It and Shake It Up, as they are really pretty and quite unique. I mainly love these because of how packed with glitter they are and they are really pigmented. I've tried other liners that just end up a clear gel base with the occasional bit of glitter..you can really easily see the base colour of each liner with these.

Would I buy again? Yes definitely.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed my review!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment