Thursday 6 June 2013

Makeup Look: Matte Brown & Teal Eye

 
Hi! :)
I'm now off school after my exams and I've been making the most of this opportunity to play around with different makeup products and looks, so I will probably be posting quite a few in the coming weeks!
I thought of doing this kind of look the other night; I really wanted to do a look that had a matte, dark cool toned brown colour on the lid and then a bright pop of teal under the lash line.
This is what I came up with!



 
Here are the producs I used!
 
 
I used:
E.L.F Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Coffee & Cream (I used the brown shade as a base)
Sleek Au Naturel Eye Shadow Palette ( I will detail which shades below!)
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Peacock
Bourjois Khol & Contour Eyeliner in Ultra Black (bottom water line)
L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Luminzer in Black Amethyst (completely forgot to photograph this but I used it as the liner for the top lash line)
Stila Fibre Optics Mascara
 
 
 
The picture above is the Sleek palette that I used.
I first used the shade Bark (dark matte brown) and applied it all over the lid above the E.L.F cream eyeshadow that I used as a base.
I then softened it on the inner corner by blending the shade Toast (matte peach colour) and blended out the crease.
I then added the shade Nougat (matte cream colour) on the inner corner and below the brow bone.
I used the L'Oreal Paris liner on the top lashline and the Bourjois liner on the water line.
I added the Stila mascara to my lashes and finally smudged the Stila liner in Peacock below my lashline and blended it out with my finger.
 
I really love this look as I adore the combination of the brown and the teal together. I also like the mix of the matte shadows and then the slight pop of colour and shimmer in the liner!
 
I have reviewed the Sleek palette that I used, which includes swatches if you're interested.
You can read this review HERE.
 
I also did a review and swatch of the Stila liner in Peacock which you can see HERE if you're interested - its one of my favourite liners ever, its simply stunning!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this look! It's really easy but I love just adding that bright flash of colour on what would normally be quite a simple, dark neutral eye.
Thank you so much for reading!
Libby x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment