Tuesday 11 June 2013

*REVIEW* E.L.F Pigment Eye Shadows (Baked Brown & Golden Goddess)

Hi!
 
I have yet another one of my E.L.F reviews today - one of the products I bought a while ago in an E.L.F haul...I wanted to wait until I'd used these pigments a couple of times so that I knew what I thought of them!

 
 
These are from the Studio line and each cost £3.75. There are also some other colours there that I think I'd like to try out too but I chose these colours first as they are the kind of shades that I used most.
 
 
These come in little plastic jars that are the same as the packaging for their Cream Eyeliners and these come with a tiny flat brush each. I guess you could use it if you had to but personally for me it is too small and it would take a while to get the colour on. I guess they would be useful for really tiny detailing.
 
 
Here are the pigments side by side...Baked Brown is on the left and Golden Goddess is on the right.

 
 
I like the packaging these come in, the lids are really useful for mixing the colour and getting it onto your brush. You could also use it for adding a mixing medium and making these pigments into a liquid or something like a gel liner.
 
Here are some swatches:
 
 
 
The top swatch is Golden Goddess and the bottom is Baked Brown and they are both swatched over the NYX base in white.
 
Golden Goddess is shimmery golden amazingness. It's quite a coppery-toned gold as opposed to a yellowy gold and it reminds me of an "antique" gold colour because it has that copper/bronze tone to it. I'm rubbish at describing colours! I actually have a NYX shadow called "Antique Gold" which this reminds me of a lot. I really love this colour and I think it is the perfect gold colour to make the blue in my eyes pop..
 
Baked Brown would be your normal matte dark brown colour if it was not for the gold sparkles in it. Its actually very pretty but on the eye the gold sparkles do not show through so well which is a shame as it looks really pretty swatched. I don't think I have a deep brown that has gold flecks in it like this so it is a nice addition to my collection.
 
 
I've found the best way to apply these (or to apply all pigments I suppose) is to add a really sticky base - this will minimize fallout and ensure that the pigment has something to hold onto and stick to.
I like using the NYX bases for this, or you could use the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils as a base as they both work well with pigments.
Generally I'm really happy with these and I will definitely look for more on their website soon. The colours are nicely pigmented and last pretty well all day.
 
I do prefer Golden Goddess because not only do I prefer the colour, but I find that it lasts slightly longer on the lid too. They are both really pretty though.
The only slight thing I have noticed with these is that they are pretty hard to get out. I have to take the lid off and tap the pot on the lid to try and get some out, and even then you get small bits at a time. However I suppose this is better than if it all came out too fast and you had a big pigment-y mess!
 
But for the price these are pretty great and I'll definitely get a lot of use out of them - particularly Golden Goddess!
 
EDIT:
I've  now done a makeup look using these pigments, which you can view HERE if you're interested! :)
 
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed my review...have you tried these E.L.F pigments?
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment