Tuesday 4 June 2013

NOTD: Fantasy Fire (04/06/2013)

Hi! :)
I have another Nail Of The Day for you today where I show you a nail look I'm wearing and also a little review of the polish (sometimes polishes) in question :)

 
 
 
Feel free to click on the images above to enlarge them...

The nail polish that I'm featuring today is a Max Factor Max Effect Nail Polish in "Fantasy Fire"
 
This is one of the most beautiful shade I have and I think I might pick up a backup bottle of this because it's so beautiful but the bottle is pretty tiny and doesn't hold much.
In different lights this shows pink, purple, green, blue and orange. It is really stunning.
 
Unfortunately this doesn't show up amazingly well on it's own and because its small I don't want to use a load of coats of this, so I've found a base coat to give it a bit more power :)
 
 
I found this polish in my collection that seemed to match the base coat of "Fantasy Fire" pretty well.
This the Collection 2000 Hot Looks Fast Dry nail polish in "Parma Violets".
 
I added two coats of this to make a base colour...

 
 
Then I added one coat of the "Fantasy Fire" colour...you could add two but because I'm so worried about running out I only added one. Two would intensify the colour, but for me, one coat is enough.
 
 
This is the trickiest colour to photograph....but take my word for it...this colour is beautiful.
 
It also seems to last pretty well without chipping! I'll definitely see if I can pick up another bottle of this! :)
 
EDIT:
Whilst sitting out in the sun today I managed to get a couple of slightly better shots that show the amazing colours that run through this polish!
One of my nails is chipped which is sad but it was my fault as I was playing guitar for ages!

 

Thank you for reading!
Have you tried "Fantasy Fire"? :)
Libby x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment