Sunday 9 June 2013

*REVIEW* MUA Single Eyeshadows + Swatches

Hi! :)
 
I've always thought that you definitely do not have to compromise on quality when you buy a makeup product that is from a budget brand, and I personally think these eye shadows from MUA prove that!
I have gathered quite a few of these shadows (....7 if I'm being honest..) but I don't feel guilty about that because each one of these only costs £1!

 
All of the shadows I have from their line are the "Pearl" shadows, and all of them are named with numbers and then the type of shadow, so obviously all of mine have the number and then "pearl" written after them.
I will label all of the shades and swatch them all without any sort of primer or base so you can see the amazing pigmentation of these shadows!
 
 
This first shade is Shade 7 and is probably the least used shadow from MUA that I have but that's only because I don't use green colours as much as others, but it is still pretty amazing. I think of this as being a sea green and it has a lot of green and some gold shimmer.
 
 
Shade 24 is a dusky rose coloured pink. It's quite a deep colour but like all of these shades, the pigmentation is amazing.
There is also hints of a plum sort of purple in this shade and it's a lovely cool-toned pink.
 
 
Shade 11 is a lovely, dark cool toned brown. Again, amazing pigmentation. This works great for a neutral look that just has a bit of depth and this also looks great in the crease. I've found with quite a lot of these shades if you apply this all over the lid and then blend it out in the crease it almost looks like you have two separate colours on your eyes. Big fan of this one - one of my favourites in these shades!
 
 
Again, this is probably one of my less used shades. Shade 4 is a light, frosty, pinky lilac colour that reflects almost white in some lights. It's very bright and I think looks like a great colour for spring or summer :)
 
 
This is my second most used shade out of all of these and it has a pretty big dent in it - I've nearly hit pan on this.
This shade is really unique and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to pick this up. It has a brown base but then reflects blue, its just amazing. Again if you blend this out in the crease it almost looks like you have two colours because the brown base comes through more when you blend it out.
I love using this packed onto the lid as it's such a unique colour and adds an amazing spin on a classic neutral colour. Really love this.
 
 
This is my most used shade. I somehow managed to take the swatch picture upside down...not sure how I managed that! This a pure, bold, frosty white colour.
The reason I've gotten so much use out of this is because its so potent and opaque. The pigmentation is amazing for a white shade. There is also a lot of shimmer packed into this.
I use this on my inner corner a lot because I have a lot of darkness there and this just brightens it up. I reach for this really often which is why as you can see I've hit pan on it!
 
 
I left this till last because I think it is my favourite.
This glowing, gold/copper colour is simply beautiful.
I find this makes the blue in my eyes pop so much and it looks like liquid metal. It is slightly flaky (there seem to be kind of...bits in it..)  but I'm willing to turn a blind eye to that because of its beautiful pigmentation.
I love this and this is definitely on it's way to being one of my most used shades as it's so bright and glowing.
 
 
Phew! So there are all of my MUA shadows, I will definitely have a look next time I'm in Superdrug next and try and pick up some more - as far as I know MUA is only sold in Superdrug at the moment.
The prices for MUA are amazing, everything from their core line is £1 and the other products are all very reasonably priced.
These shadows are all quite creamy/oily so if you had really oily lids or you packed them on a tonne in the crease I suppose they could crease, but I haven't noticed a huge problem with that.
Some are a bit flaky, but the pigmentation of all of them is really, really good - making the £1 price tag amazing!
 
What do you think of MUA shadows?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment