Wednesday 12 June 2013

Makeup Look: Pink Metal

Hi! :)
 
I've been recently using my 120 pro palette from Fraulein 38 a lot recently and today I decided to take advantage of some of the pink shades in there. Pink isn't usually a colour I tend to go for so I decided to also mix it in with some charcoal colours and of course black!
The result is quite a smoky eye with a bright pop of pink and quite heavy liner.
 
 
 
I'm just going to apologise the quality of the pictures today...there is literally NO sunlight here and its difficult to make the colours show up as bold as they are!
I did take a couple more photos but they were so dark I decided not to use them as you could hardly see anything on them anyway!
 
Here are the products I used:
 
 
E.L.F Eyelid Primer
Bourjois Khol & Contour Eyeliner in Ultra Black
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Pots & Pans
Sleek Ink Pot Gel Liner in Dominatrix
Stila Fibre Optics Mascara (forgot to photo again...:P)
120 Pro Palette
 
 
Here are the colours that I used in the 120 pro palette.
 
I applied the E.L.F primer and then added the NYX Milk pencil to my inner corner and also a bit on the outer corner. I filled in the gap between with the Pots & Pans NYX pencil.
I used the mid toned, metallic grey colour (fourth colour on the top row in from the right) and blended this with the silver next to it (fifth on top row from right, the one that I've hit pan on).
I then took the pink shades and created a gradient on the outer half of the lid, patting it to blend in with the metallic grey colour.
I took a small detail brush and took the black shadow and added it to the crease and blended it out. I then went back over the pink with the deep charcoal grey (right next to the black which I've hit pan on) after deciding that it needed to be a bit darker.
I then went back over with the darker pink colours to make the pink pop more.
I swept the light silver colour under the brow bone.
I lined the top lash line with the Sleek gel liner and winged it out and then added the Bourjois pencil liner to the water line.
I then finished with mascara!
 
Sorry for the explanation that may be a little complex, basically as long as you use the same shades I've circled above you will get a similar look!
 
I hope you enjoyed this look & thank you for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment