Wednesday 14 August 2013

Benefit: Hits & Misses!

Hi!
 
 
I thought I'd start this maybe as a little mini series doing the hits and misses of various brands! Stay tuned for more of these in the future!
I thought I'd start with Benefit as I think that Benefit is maybe fairly well known for having hits and misses more than perhaps other brands.
 
I've got hits, misses and then some...er..."in between" products..ones that I feel are nice but not necessary.
 
Let's start with the misses and work our way up!
 
MISSES
 
 
I actually have 3 products from Benefit that I feel aren't worth the money.
Unfortunately one of these products I don't even have anymore so lets start with that one.
 
1) Ooh La Lift
 
This did nothing. I got this as a mini version in a Benefit kit (I get lots of those because I like seeing which products I like enough to get a full sized version of) and I'm so glad I didn't spend money on a full size.
Ooh La Lift was a white creamy substance that supposedly reduced under eye bags and "de-puffed" the eyes. Unfortunately it did nothing of the sort so I ended up binning it.
 
2) Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer
 
I still have this knocking around on occasion when I need something to mute out the natural colour of my lips.
But this does nothing as an actual concealer. This is greasy, looks shiny as hell and the worst thing: it doesn't even cover up. It doesn't have very good coverage and this just isn't a good product for me.
I wrote more about this HERE in a comparison of this and the Erase Paste concealer.
 
3) Lip Plump
 
Um...I'm not really sure why this is called Lip Plump as it didn't plump my lips at all and after looking online it's not just me who was confused by the name.
Why call something Lip Plump when it doesn't plump? Confusing.
Anyway. The only use I found for this was putting it on before a lipstick to mute out the natural colour of my lips...but as I previously demonstrated with Boi-ing ....I can just use a concealer to do that as long as I put it on lightly.
So I really don't see why you'd spend so much money on this when you could use anything else that you already have to mute out your lip colour.
 
 
IN BETWEEN
 
 
These are products that while they are nice, they're not totally necessary or essential.
 
1) Girl Meets Pearl
 
This is a nice highlighter, although the golden tones of this doesn't works so well with my fair skin. On darker skin tones this may look incredible.
This is in the "in between" section simply because it doesn't show up a whole load and it just isn't very noticeable on my skin. It looks nice occasionally when the light hits it, but this isn't a must-have for me.
 
2) Posie Tint
 
This is a pretty colour and makes a nice pink blush but you have to blend this in really fast so that it doesn't leave dots or streaks behind.
Again, this isn't super noticeable on my skin and while you can build it up, it takes time and this just isn't something I reach for often.
It's nice to have and I use it now and then but it isn't something I use every day.
 
HITS
 
 
1) Erase Paste
 
Originally when I got a small size of this I didn't like it. I now know that this was partly due to the fact that it was in the wrong shade and partly because I just wasn't using it too well.
I went out and bought a full sized version in the right colour and tried using it a little differently.
I have really bad under eye veins and so after applying a thin concealer to even out the skin tone (I tend to look a little red round there) I then use my finger to warm this up and dot it where I need to cover the veins.
This is very creamy and so blends in well and covers up the veins and brightens at the same time.
I've been using this every day since!
 
2) High Beam
 
I much prefer this highlighter to Girl Meets Peal because it's a pearly pink colour and just suits my skin tone so much better!
This shows up better on my pale skin and just generally looks a lot better and more noticeable. I love the glow this gives the tops of my cheeks.
 
So there you go!
There are my hits & misses for Benefit...are there any other brands you'd like me to do a post on? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks so much for reading :)
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment