Thursday 29 August 2013

*REVIEW* Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes

Hi!
 
After I went to pick up my GCSE results last Thursday (which I was very happy with!) I decided to celebrate by treating myself to a spot of online shopping...
 
And then this happened.
 
 
I told myself I wasn't going to get this after seeing it in Boots the other day for around £20..I told myself that I had enough makeup brushes and that I didn't need them.
Then I saw them on Amazon for £4 cheaper and I caved because I'm lacking in any sort of robust moral fibre. :)
 
 
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of everything as it came because in my childish, eager excitement I ripped open the box as soon as I saw what it was.
 
This is the "your base/flawless core collection" which promises "high definition results."
 
It comes with four brushes and a case which doubles as a display stand too.
 
 
On the back there is information about the brushes and also suggests how to use each brush.
 
 
The little case/stand is actually quite cute and has 7 little slots for makeup brushes but you could easily fit two brushes in certain slots. I'd definitely might end up taking this with me next time I travel to keep my brushes clean and organised.
I'm not really sure how it works as a stand but I don't really need to use it as one anyway!
 
So here's a run down of the brushes!
 
 
 
Buffing Brush:
 
"Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation".
 
I find that I wouldn't just use this for powder foundation but also for buffing in liquid foundation too!
I love the way this buffs product in to the skin and it makes it look flawless. The bristles are soft, and dense and the brush is just the right size.
This is probably my favourite brush!
 
 
 
Contour Brush:
 
" Delicately applies highlighter to contour or creates sheer, soft-focus finish"
 
I really like the softness again of this brush and I used it today to apply bronzer. I don't usually wear bronzer because it looks harsh on my pale skin but this really blended it out well and I'm very happy with the results!
I can also see myself using this for applying highlighter and blush too.
 
 
Pointed Foundation Brush:
 
"Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage"
 
I feel that this brush is a little small for foundation and although it's great for getting in all the nooks and crannies I'd like it to be just a touch bigger. I also prefer using something to buff in my liquid foundation as I find these types of brushes blend them in but don't completely work the product into the skin.
In saying that it's still a great brush and I actually used it to apply liquid concealer underneath my eyes and because it was so small it worked great for that.
 
 
Detailer Brush:
 
"Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition"
 
although I like this brush and it does apply concealer well, I'm not sure it's anything particularly unique as I have several other brushes that do the same thing. I used this to apply concealer earlier and it did work well, it just wasn't anything special. I haven't tried this to apply lipstick as I don't wear it that often.
It's a good brush, just not anything unique.
 
So all in all I'm really pleased I got these brushes and so happy with them!
They are a little pricy but when you add up the cost of each brush individually it is actually not a bad deal for four brushes plus the case to use for travel.
 
Which are your favourite Real Techniques brushes?
Thanks so much for reading!
 Libby x
 
Also...just thought I'd share a photo with you...We've taken our puppy for walks in some really pretty places recently and I feel so grateful that I live in such a beautiful part of the world.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment