Tuesday 6 August 2013

*REVIEW* E.L.F Blush & Bronzer Duo in St Lucia

Hi!
 
Finally after my massive E.L.F haul I did a while ago I've gotten to the last review of every product I bought in that haul...
The last review I have is the Studio Blush & Bronzer Duo in St Lucia.

 
This costs £3.75 from www.eyeslipsface.co.uk and comes in a couple of other colours but they were all pretty bright...this seemed to be the most toned down of all of the lot! :)
 
 
I love the sleek packaging of this...it just looks really great and is also great for storage as you can store it sideways and it takes up so little space.
This also comes with a mirror which is handy - its a good mirror too!
 
 
 
This says:
 
"Create a healthy and natural glow year-round"
 
"The blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of colour"
 
"The bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for a beautiful definition"
 
 
These are very heavily switched, obviously you wouldn't wear these colours as bright as this...
 
Both the blush and the bronzer are VERY pigmented!
 
The blush is a beautiful peachy colour, the swatch doesn't show it too well but there is a beautiful golden shimmer too in this.
I love dusting this on my cheeks even though I have to use it lightly because I'm very fair skinned so I can't pull off a lot of colour on my cheeks.
Nevertheless I've used this quite a lot! I love the golden shimmer in it.
 
The bronzer is even more pigmented than the blush...while that is a good thing it makes it hard for me personally to use it because the bronzer is too deep for me as it is, couple that with the intense pigmentation it makes it hard for me to use this bronzer.
I don't tend to wear a lot of bronzer anyway (because I'm so fair skinned) but if I do use this I have to apply it VERY lightly and really blend it in to avoid looking muddy.
Because it's hard to get it looking natural on me, I don't tend to use the bronzer side of this that often.
The bronzer has a very slight amount of golden shimmer in it but it is very subtle, it even looks matte at first glance. I like it, it's just too deep for my skin tone.  
 
Overall I do like this and it gets good use, but I definitely prefer the blush!
I'd love it if E.L.F put out some slightly more toned down versions of these duos as the only ones they have are fairly bright. Maybe I'll look more into the single studio blushes as they look like they have slightly more subtle colours!
 
 
So although I don't use the bronzer too much I still like this a lot, the blush is really pretty!
If you had a slightly deeper skin tone than mine then I'm sure you'd love it.
 
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment