Sunday 18 August 2013

*REVIEW* Sleek Creme To Powder Oil Free Foundation

Hi!
 
I have a review today that is quite overdue seeing as I bought this product ages ago!
This is the Sleek Crème To Powder foundation, which is oil free and has SPF 15!
 
 
 
 
The shade I have is White Rose 702 which to be honest is a little dark for me...which shows how pale I must be because on the website it's practically white. There are I think 2 shades that are lighter than this one and so I think on further reflection I should be shade Oyster or Linen.
 
Although this would be just too dark in the winter however I can get away with this in the summer months, it's not quite the right shade but isn't hugely noticeable.
I am pretty impressed with Sleek's shade range though because it seems to have some really great shades for darker skin tones so if you're looking for a foundation that is good for dark skin tones you may want to investigate this!
 
 
 
 
I really like the packaging of this; it looks nice and feels sturdy too.
This also comes with a sponge on the bottom compartment that does actually feel pretty good quality.
 
 
You get 9g of this product which is pretty good and it only costs £7 which isn't bad for a foundation.
 
First of all I feel I should mention that this product isn't the easiest to apply...
First I tried using the sponge but the foundation is pretty thick and also quite a dry formula to start with.
I also used various brushes before realising that the only way to get this foundation to apply nicely is to warm it up a bit before you put it on.
 
The best way to apply it (in my opinion):
 
To do this, I take 2 *clean* fingers and move them around in the pan to warm up the foundation. Then I dab it onto my face.
I'd recommend taking this one part of the face at a time (eg, forehead, then left side of face, then right etc) because otherwise you don't have time to blend it before it dries and you can be left with spots of foundation.
After dabbing the foundation on my face I've found it best to use my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to buff this into the skin.
This way because the foundation is warm and the brush buffs products in really well, the product blends in like a second skin.
 
This does take a little extra time than a normal foundation because first you have to warm it up, dab it on then blend it in with a brush but it does work well. I've tried buffing it in with various brushes and I honestly would recommend something like the Real Techniques stippling brush simply because it has dense bristles so it works the product into the skin.
 
Formula?
 
Once it's on, this foundation looks pretty great. It doesn't look cakey but be warned it can look a little oily so I would recommend setting this with powder. The coverage is very good, I'd say medium to full depending on how much you build it up.
 
Throughout the day I do tend to get oily on my t-zone wearing this but this happens generally with my foundations anyway. This does wear pretty well though and around 8 hours later I still have pretty good coverage. You could also use this product as a concealer if you wanted because it does have such good coverage!
 
Overall?
 
So generally...
Bad points:
Bad shade match for me (not necessarily Sleek's fault...although on the website the swatches do look a little misleading)
A little dry so you have to warm it up first
Too thick to apply with the sponge
Despite the name "crème to powder" you still generally have to set it with powder.
 
Good points:
Very good coverage, can be medium or full
Could be used as a concealer
Long lasting formula
Once warmed up and buffed correctly into the skin it looks pretty flawless
Forumula means that this looks pretty natural and not cakey
Good shade range generally
Not expensive.
 
 
So I do like this foundation and I feel I've been neglecting it recently...but I've worn it today and I think I'll be using it a lot more!
 
Thanks so much for reading! Have you tried any of Sleek's foundations?
Libby x
 

2 comments:

  1. I love sleek so much it is super afordable with amazing quality!

    http://aishasesay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason you find it so dry when applying is cause the website says you are supposed to dampen whatever you are using for application when using the crème to powder.

    ReplyDelete