Friday 9 August 2013

*REVIEW* NYX Single Eyeshadows (Antique Gold, Aloha & Midnight)

Hi!
 
My review today is for a few single eyeshadows from NYX that I bought a while ago online and since I've used them quite a bit so I decided it was time for a review!
 
 
 
 
I have three of these shadows at the moment, although I plan to buy more!
These cost £5 in the UK each from www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk/ although looking online if you're up for a bit of hunting you can find them for slightly cheaper.
 
At the moment I've never seen NYX sold in stores which is a shame although it does crop up every now and then in Tk Maxx in various kits although you don't see the single shadows :(
 
I have three colours...
 
Aloha:
 
 
Antique Gold:
 
 
Midnight:
 
 
 
 

Here are some swatches of the shadows...these are swatched over the NYX Eyeshadow Base in White which I find works so well with shadows, especially these:
 
 
Midnight is a black base (or dark charcoal coloured base) with some golden flecks in it and sometimes I also see hints of green...
It makes a nice change from a plain matte black but it does tend to "blend away" if you blend it too much and you loose the colour payoff so I think this shadow works best packed on the lid over  a sticky primer like the NYX shadow base.
 
Aloha is my favourite of the three and my most used...it is a lovely pink/pearl/champagne colour which reminds me in colour of Benefit's High Beam highlighter.
It is quite crumbly in texture which again is why it works best over a sticky base, but it makes a beautiful light eye look and is great for a one-shadow look.
 
Antique Gold is what I refer to as a "dirty" gold colour or an "old" gold. In some lights you see hints of almost olive and sometimes it looks almost like a mustard shade but it isn't a very "yellow" based gold.
It looks great on the lid but for some reason this is my least used shadow out of these...I guess just because the shadow isn't as useful as a light highlight colour (Aloha) or a black colour (Midnight).
 
 
 
All three shadows have really good pigmentation as you can see from the swatch and they also have good staying power!
 
 
I really love these shadows and plan to buy more soon...I also love the packaging, it's so cute and these are great for saving space in your makeup collection.
 
Have you tried the NYX shadows yet?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment