Saturday 3 August 2013

*REVIEW* Rimmel London 9-in-1 BB Cream

Hi!
 
My review today is for a product I got a couple of weeks back; a BB Cream from Rimmel London which claims to have 9 results in 1 formula!
 
 
 
My shade is Light and this costs around £6.99.
 
 
 
 
This claims to:
 
Prime
Moisturise
Minimise pores
Conceal
Cover
Smooth
Mattify
Brighten
Protect.
 
That is a LOT of claims for one product!
 
I'll do a quick run down of how well I think this does all of those things!
 
Prime: 2/5
Um...not really sure how this works. I guess a primer is supposed to help a product adhere to the skin better, but this BB cream in general doesn't adhere to the skin very well.
It's not awful, but it just doesn't blend very well and I'm not sure how to describe it but this tends to...clump? As you're blending (especially if you've got a lot of it) it tends to just clump up and cake which is quite annoying. I think it is due to the fact that it is quite thick in texture.
 
So if the purpose of a primer is to help something adhere to the skin I don't think this does this terribly well....
 
This is it squeezed straight out of the tube...it's a pretty thick formula.
 
I tried to take some photos to illustrate this but it wasn't easy. The first photo is after blending for quite some time and the second is blending for ages to finally get it looking blended in properly.
 
 
 
This does last fairly well throughout the day but it doesn't have any special longevity that makes it stand out for me.
 
 
 
 
Moisturise: 3.5/5
 
This does feel fairly moisturising and I don't feel like my skin is dry after using this.
However I do notice my skin starting to get oily around midday after using this which usually for me shows that it is moisturising because with a dry product I don't tend to get much oil appearing at all.
Generally I don't find this to be drying so I guess that makes it moisturising!
 
Minimise pores: 2/5
 
While I don't have many big pores on my face, I do have some around my nose and I didn't find that this really minimised them. It didn't make them worse, but it didn't do a lot to help them.
It did minimise them slightly I guess, but then so does any kind of foundation/tinted moisturiser/BB cream that I put on.
 
Conceal: 3/5
 
I'm not quite sure why they differentiated between "conceal" and "cover"...there isn't much difference between the two.
I have a few blemishes on my skin at the moment and I found this blurred them a bit but didn't conceal them completely and I still needed a concealer on top, so it doesn't conceal a great deal but still a little.
 
Cover: 4/5
 
Again, I'm not sure what huge difference there is in "conceal" and "cover".
Like I said before, this evens out my skin tone a lot and does partially conceal some blemishes but I'd call this light to medium coverage.
I do like the finished coverage as my skin still shines through, so for that reason I've given it one more point then I did for "conceal" simply because I like the overall finished effect of the coverage.
I'm including general appearance in this along with coverage.
 
 
Smooth: 3.5/5
 
I'm not sure whether this was supposed to mean a physically smooth quality to your skin or smooth out your skin tone as they are quite different things.
For some reason this BB cream leaves my skin slightly tacky for a little while so I guess it doesn't leave my skin feeling smooth to touch. It does "smooth" out my skin tone generally though.
 
Mattify: 3/5
 
This does give quite a mattified look to the skin overall but I have to mark it down slightly because (I guess due to it's moisturising qualities) it does leave my skin to get oily during the day.
Especially on my t-zone, I notice my skin getting oily.
However this mattifies to begin with, I still wouldn't trust it with powder.
 
Brighten: 4/5
 
This doesn't brighten straight away (when I first put it on I find it looks fairly cakey and almost a bit mask-like) but however once it's really sunk into my skin I find that later in the day my skin DOES look bright and so I like that in this product. This is one of those products that tends to actually look better later on during the day (as long as you use powder for oil control...).
 
Protect: 5/5
 
This has SPF 25 which is very good and makes it a good product for summer days.
I feel that this has protected my skin!
I don't burn a huge deal anyway (despite having fair skin) but I like the high SPF in this product.
 
 
 
Wow, that's a lot of things to try and include in one product....I feel maybe they would've done better in maybe sticking to a few rather than all.
There are only 3 shades and this one is slightly orangey for me and I dislike the fact that it cakes up like it does and goes on pretty thick.
However I'm in two minds because once it's been on for a few hours and has really sunken in it does make my skin look pretty bright and the coverage isn't bad. I also like the SPF...
 
I think I'll continue to use this occasionally and hopefully use this up as it's not bad but I won't repurchase this.
 
 
Sorry for such a long post, thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment