Saturday 31 August 2013

*REVIEW* Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

Hi!
 
I've had the photos for this post sat on my computer for ages so I decided it was about time I finally got the review done...
 
 
I just love the pink and black packaging of this!
It seems from looking on the website that the packaging has actually changed though...I did get this a while ago so that is to be expected I suppose, although I prefer this packaging!
I got mine from a kit that came from Too Faced but looking online it seems that this retails for around £25.
 
Also another thing I've noticed is that on the back of mine this only appears to come in one colour, however on the website now it says that there are two options, "Chocolate" and "Milk Chocolate" which is a slightly lighter colour. From the swatches on the website I would assume that my version matches up to the "Chocolate" shade.
 
 
This is described as a "matte bronzing powder with real cocoa"...
 
 
 
The packaging for this is really sturdy and strong and it has a good mirror with it (it also says on the mirror "why be pretty when you can be gorgeous?" which I thought was cute).
 
You get 10g of product in here which is quite a lot!
 
 
Now, I have no issues with the texture or pigmentation of this bronzer.
It's pigmented, it blends well and its matte which is like in a bronzer.
The only problem is that this is FAR too dark for me. I have super pale skin and this just looks muddy on me.
To be fair, I didn't select this as it came in a kit, and had I been ordering off the website I'd have tried the "Milk Chocolate" to see if that was any better for my fair skin.
 
I don't tend to wear bronzer a lot of the time anyway but when I do I certainly don't want a brown streak on my face...but then it's not exactly Too Faced's fault that this doesn't match my skin as I bought this "blind" and didn't know what colour it was going to be because it was in a kit.
 
I have to say that I'm impressed with the pigmentation and colour payoff and whilst this isn't the bronzer for me I would really recommend this to people who have much deeper skin tones than mine.
 
The pigmentation and texture is great, it's just not the right colour!
In saying that this is a very pricey bronzer so if I hadn't bought this in a kit I don't think I'd have bought this separately at it's full price.
 
Have you tried this bronzer yet?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x
 
P.S
At the time of writing this I got back from camping in Croyde with friends for a few days...
Such a beautiful place.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment