Friday 16 August 2013

*REVIEW* Sleek Storm Palette (+ Swatches!)

Hi!
 
It's no secret that I'm a massive fan of Sleek eyeshadow palettes...I really love them and I now have 5 and plan on getting more!
 
If you're interested I've already done reviews and swatches of the Ultra Matts V1 palette, and the Au Naturel palette.
 
I got the Storm palette quite a while ago and decided it was about time I did a review of it!
 
 
I love the "Sleek" packaging of these palettes! These cost £6.99 each from Superdrug and online and you get 12 eye shadows.
I also love the fact that you get a great mirror in this palette and even a semi-usable eye shadow brush!
 
This palette is kind of a smokey palette and generally has quite a few dark neutral colours mixed in with some smokey shades.
 
 
For some reason only some of the Sleek shades seem to have names and I think it's only the newer palettes that have the plastic insert that has names of the shadows on it. This palette has been in the permanent line so these shades don't appear to have names.
 
Here are swatches of the first 6 shadows!
 
 
For sake of ease in describing these colours I'll just call them Shade 1, 2 etc!
 
Shade 1:
Metallic mid golden brown shade...reminds me of toast. (?)
This shade is really well pigmented and blends well too as do most of the metallic in Sleek palettes.
 
Shade 2:
One of my favourites. This shows up a little more golden in real life than in the swatch above but it is a light, creamy golden metallic shade again with plenty of shimmer and pigmentation.
 
Shade 3:
Matte mid brown. Not one of my most used shades as I don't wear a lot of mattes unless they are an obnoxiously bright colour. This shadow is harder in texture than the others so far and is perhaps slightly harder to get full pigmentation.
 
Shade 4:
Metallic golden brown  colour with a hint of taupe and quite cool tones. Again, very pigmented like all the metallics here.
 
Shade 5:
Pearly, dusty rose gold metallic shade. This actually looks really good for creating a rich pink & burgundy smokey eye.
 
Shade 6:
Deep, metallic, burgundy/wine red colour. Works great blended in with the previous colour (the rose gold) and makes any eye look appear very rich and sultry. Again, very pigmented. I just love the texture of these metallic shades.
 
 
Here are the next 6 shades!
 
Shade 7: 
Deep metallic bronze shade. Almost similar to Shade 6 but with a lot more bronze instead of wine red. Beautiful colour for creating a bronze smokey eye with the lighter golden shades in the palette.
 
Shade 8:
Blue toned silver colour that reminds me of Urban Decay's Gunmetal shade. Again, metallic and creates a very smokey eye.
 
Shade 9:
Deep, metallic forest green colour, similar to UD's Loaded. Unfortunately my shadow was partially broken but I've still got enough of the shadow left luckily!
 
Shade 10:
 Very dark metallic navy blue colour with hints of lighter blue shimmer in it. Works really well with Shade 8 to create a blue toned smokey eye. One of my favourite shades here as it's not often you get such a dark blue shimmery colour.
 
Shade 11:
 Matte dark brown, still cool toned but darker than Shade 3. Like the other mattes in this palette it is slightly harder in texture and harder to blend.
 
Shade 12:
Matte plain black. Harder in texture etc and not a shadow I tend to use a lot despite the fact that Sleek usually puts this matte black in their palettes. As much as I like this black I feel it is slightly hard and so I tend to reach for slightly softer black shadows!
 
 
Wow that took a while to write out!
Generally this palette has seen good use from me and I love the well pigmented, long lasting shades. I feel you can create a lot of smokey eyes with this palette, a bronze one, a pink/burgundy one, a blue one...the possibilities are quite endless!
This palette is something I reach for very often so I think that it's well worth picking up if you can, especially for the price!
 
Have you tried any Sleek palettes yet?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment