Thursday 8 August 2013

*REVIEW* E.L.F Duo Eyeshadow Cream (Black Liquorice And Coffee & Cream)

Hi!
 
I have another E.L.F review today...I love E.L.F.
I took photos for this review a while ago and for some reason they sat on my computer and I never did anything with them so I decided it was time for a review!
 
 
 
 
On the left is Black Liquorice and on the right is Coffee & Cream.
 
These can be bought from www.eyeslipsface.co.uk and cost £1.50 each and there are 9 different combinations of colours including these.
 
 
Here are some swatches of the cream shadows...
Black Liquorice contains a grey and a black shade both with a tiny hint of shimmer.
Coffee & Cream has an off white shade with some golden shimmer/sparkle in it and also a brown shade with slight shimmer.
 
On the E.L.F website it says:
 
"Express yourse.l.f. with the easy to blend, crease resistant, creamy duo eye shadow colours. Each gorgeous shade can be worn alone or together for a dramatic effect. The soft-blending formula can also be layered under powder eye shadow to set the colour in and keep it lasting vibrant all day."
 
So how far do I agree with what they said?
 
Well I don't for a second believe them when they say that these can be worn just alone.
The shades are decently pigmented I'd say but the texture of these is fairly creamy bordering on the side of greasy, meaning that if you wore them alone your eyes would be crease city. :)
 
However, that doesn't for a second decrease the value of these.
The other way they suggest wearing them is as a base for powder shadows and that's where these really come into their own.
 
Because they are slightly tacky, these grab onto shadows really easily and make them more vibrant and last longer. I don't use these alone but I love using them as bases!
 
 
 
The top swatch in this photo shows a shadow alone, bottom it is layered over the brown shade in the Coffee & Cream duo.
Hopefully you can see just how much more vibrant the shadow is!
 
 
So all in all I love these, the Black Liquorice is great for a smokey eye and the Coffee & Cream is great for a more neutral eye, but they are both really useful!
 
 
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed my review.
Libby x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment