Thursday 15 August 2013

*REVIEW* Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner

Hi!
 
Today's review is for the Collection (previously Collection 2000) Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liners...I have two of the four shades available!
 
 
These cost £2.99 each and you can get them in Boots as well as Superdrug and certain supermarkets.
 
It says on the website:
 
"Easy-to-apply felt tip nib for all day long lustrous looking eyes"

" The fast-drying versatile felt tipped pens give your makeup look an instant burst of colour"

"Set trends with four intense, high powered hues including purple, blue, teal and black."
 
 
I have both the shades Purple and Blue and there is also a Teal and a Black shade.
 
So how did these compare to their claims?
 
 
Easy to use?
 
I do agree with the fact that they are easy to apply because I do have a bit of a love for felt tip liners, it makes putting on liner so much easier and quicker! I don't feel the nib of these pens are too small or big so these are definitely good for people who are wary of using liquid liners.
 
Long lasting?
 
In terms of lasting all day...I don't think these lasted quite as long as their "24 hour" claim.
I've worn these on several occasions for around 12/14 hours before and whilst the liner was still physically there after this amount of time it had often smudged or transferred onto different parts of my eyelid.
These do tend to stain quite a bit which to me suggests that they would physically still be there after 24 hours but they do smudge and bleed quite a lot. The liner wouldn't look anything like as nice after a few hours as it did when you first put it on.
 
Colour?
 
I think one of the biggest problems with these is the bleeding problem I mentioned earlier.
Even in the swatch above which had just been applied, the ink is bleeding into the tiny crevices and creases in my skin. Unfortunately these liners do that as soon as you apply them and this doesn't get any better as the day goes on. Often after wearing these for a while they have bled into the skin even more.
 
I do have to agree with their claims about good colours though, you can build up these liners to create quite an intense colour.
 
So overall I do like how easy these liners are to use and also their pretty good pigmentation.
However I'm not fond of the fact that they bleed into the skin and don't necessarily last as long as they say they do.
 
Have you tried these liners yet?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment